Upcoming Games

October 6th3:00 pm
October 11th7:00 pm

Milwaukee Drops Second Straight

The Admirals lost their second straight game to Rockford Sunday afternoon, 2-0, at the MetroCentre in Rockford, IL.
It was the fifth time this season the Admirals have been shut out.
Rockford got on the board just 91 seconds into the game. Milwaukee was unable to clear its own zone and the league’s second leading scorer, Martin St. Pierre, took advantage. His pass from the right corner found Troy Brouwer on the left post for an easy tap to give the IceHogs a 1-0 lead. The Admirals didn’t record their first shot until there was less than five minutes to go in the first period. Milwaukee did get five shots at the end of the first period while Rockford finished with nine.
The IceHogs scored the lone goal in the second when Derek Nesbitt converted another St. Pierre pass at 6:50. Rockford outshot Milwaukee in the second period 8-3.
Rockford outshot Milwaukee in the game, 22-17. Former Ads goalie Wade Flaherty stopped all 17 in Rockford’s net.
Ten penalties were called between the teams with 4:26 left in the game. Fights broke out after Kris Versteeg of Rockford hit John Vigilante with an elbow. Alex Henry grabbed Versteeg, who ducked Henry. Nolan Yonkman dropped the gloves with Rockford’s Ryan Stokes. After all of that, Matt Ellison and Versteeg fought between the circles in the Milwaukee zone. Henry received 4:00 for roughing, the others all got 5:00 for fighting with Ellison, Stokes and Versteeg all getting game misconducts. Versteeg was actually issued two game misconduct penalties.
The Admirals play at Rockford again Wednesday night at 7 p.m. The next home game is Friday against Providence at 7 p.m. The first 7,500 fans will receive a whoopee cushion to take part in the largest whoopee cushion sit-down courtesy of Chilli Man. There will be a performance in the East Atrium pre- and post-game by Slumpbusters.

Admirals Sponsors

144-dr 137-admiralnelsons 41-ticketking 157-mgic 140-childrenshospitalofwi 164-potawatomi